I couldn't have asked for a more lovely last week in Michigan. I spent it reminding myself why I came back to Michigan after Peace Corps in the first place. The weather was beautiful. And when it wasn't, it simply allowed for an excuse to stay in with friends. I walked around Grand Rapids, drank a beer at Founders, and ate lunch at Marie Catribs. I took the Caruck for one last adventure lazily driving up the lake shore, spending a night in the Lazy B Cabins and continuing on M22 to Sleeping Bear Dunes. I walked the pier in Ludington and ventured to the top of the lighthouse due to the generosity of Ken the keeper. I attended get togethers with family, friends, and the three caballeros.
Then I took three flights and a four hour shuttle and arrived in Steamboat Springs. Set up my tent in the yard space quickly becoming RMYC tent village, put on more layers, and marveled at the amount of snow still in the mountains. One day of training down, four weeks to go. Rain is in the forecast and the temperature hovers around freezing at night. I have a smile on my face.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment