I've been spending my days off on my bicycle touring the hilly Pennsylvania countryside. Delightful. My boss, Bob, is a big bike rider as well and has recently changed my life. He taught me how to clean (the fact that I should clean) the chain and other drive parts of my bike! Amazing! There are parts that are silver that I had thought were black all this time! I don't even know how my chain was staying on with all that gunk build up! Crazy I know that a girl like me who can re-seal a diesel fuel injection pump etc doesn't know much about her bicycle. I had assumed that when I take my bike into a shop they take care of that kind of stuff or would at least let me know it needs done. But alas I have proven once again where assuming gets me and that I need to learn more about bike maintenance and repair so I can treat my black beauty right!
The season here is half over. Five weeks left. Still no clue what is in store next.
These last two weeks of work consisted of some of the most beautiful weather on earth. We dominated Buzzard Rock on the Virginia - West Virginia boarder with a beautiful rock staircase. Next up, the engineered marvel of Bear Mountain, NY.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment