Sunday, August 28, 2011

Single Mother of Seven

After one more week at Sylvan Lake State Park busting out a massive amount of new trail, we hiked Hanging Lake Trail, had a surprise party for Matt, headed into Steamboat Springs, dropped off Matt for chainsaw training (he was switching to a chainsaw crew for fall season), and I became a single mother.  The now crew of 8 headed to Colorado State Forest State Park wondering why the state of Colorado isn't more creative.  The last week of work was relaxed and quick. We repaired crusher fine trail, repaired a switchback, installed some monowall, cleaned up after a logging operation, and while my crew spent their last morning of work hiking 8 x 8 wooden steps up a steep trail, I spent my morning vomiting.  The vomits stopped, we finished our last day of work, and we cleaned our gear and got ready for derig.  After deriging on Friday, the crews dispersed.  Crew members went directly home, directly to the liquor store, or simply disappeared. I spent the evening going out to dinner and playing in the wildflowers but alas I did not dance for the wildflowers were simply too fucked up. 
I spent Saturday at the laundromat, removing a summer's worth of filth from my gear.  On Saturday evening I drove my project manager's Jeep to Fort Collins in order to visit my super cousin, Caleb.  We spent the rest of the weekend frolicking about FoCo doing cousinly things before I flew home to Michigan on Monday, saying farewell to Colorado.

No comments: