I spent a week in Michigan, visiting with family, quickly visiting Grand Rapids, spending the weekend at the Woodward Dream Cruise with my brother and nephew, and regrouping before driving to Tucson with my mom for my next season of leading conservation corps crews. We left Tuesday evening, caruck packed beautifully. We made it 89 miles. The timing belt broke. Daddy came with his truck and car trailer in the morning and we made our way back to Niles. Mom wasn't going to let a little set back like a broken vehicle ruin her road trip vacation. Also, I think she wanted an excuse to get herself a new vehicle. So off we went on Wednesday afternoon in the mommobile, which seems huge after the caruck. We stopped in Rollo, MO and Amorillo, TX to sleep and arrived in Tucson, AZ on Friday evening. We went wine tasting with the delightful Ashley in Sabino. Today, I took mom to the airport and finally took a big breath. Tomorrow, I start my next job.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment