Monday, April 27, 2009

Hitch # 10 & 11 – Vulture Peak & Harquahala Mountains

Hitch #10 was my last with my Technical Trails Crew. It was a fairly uneventful week of trail maintenance on Vulture Peak. The view from the peak was beautiful, the weather mild, and the number of people over the age of 70 hiking the steep trail was impressive. The Technical Trails Crew will be missed.

For hitch #11 I joined a new crew as technical support. This basically means I'm just another crew member, but I get paid more for giving advice once and a while to other crew members. I met the crew in the Harquahala Mountains to help them out with some trail maintenance. It was a hot week, and we had quite the hike to and from the job site, but I really enjoyed the new crew and the area. The Haerquahala Mountains have been one of only two places I've worked here where I could not see civilization from the trail. It was refreshing.

Next I have a two week hitch, then a 4 day 3 night hike in the Grand Canyon before my last three days of office work in Tucson. On May 16th I'm back to Michigan!

No comments: