Thursday, November 8, 2012
One week in...
One week in to my new position as Trail Builder/Educator with the New York-New Jersey Trail Conference and boy has it been a doozy. First Hurricane Sandy hit, leaving the whole area in shambles and without electricity, delaying my start date to November 1st, and confusing my housing situation. Next a noreaster dumped snow on us. So the weather for someone who works outdoors 90% of the time has been less than ideal. But none the less I am getting into the swing of things. Learning about NYNJTC projects, learning about databases and office stuff, splitting a bunch of rock to be made into stairs. I've been bouncing place to place with a rental car provided by my organization now filled with all my possessions. The search for a home has begun. Until then I am bouncing around co-workers' homes and hotels. My lovely parental units have assisted me in the acquisition of a new Subaru Cross trek, which I will obtain when I visit them for Thanksgiving. I am a lucky girl. Things are coming together.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment