The second half of my spring session with SCC and my VOS crew flew by. Six weeks of building water bars and check steps at Lost Dutchman State Park. The session brought strep throat, a terrible flu, and the dreaded butt-mouth through the crew. It brought two visits to the Apache Junction Emergency Room, lost fingernails, crushed appendages, and embedded cacti. It brought friendship and love and hard work and personal growth. It brought miscommunication and personality differences and tears. It brought 3 crew members to quit and a new one to get hired. Now the session is over. We have de-rigged. I have let out a sigh of relief, hugged my crew goodbye, and am on a train heading east.
I've spent the last six weekends enjoying everything that is wonderful about Tucson. The dessert wildflowers are blooming. I've been dancing in the wildflowers, enjoying the company of friends, slowly prepping for Maine, and loving life in the sunshine. My friend and house mate, Snail, and I were given a glorious goodbye at the tucson train station. We are heading to Chicago where we will be picked up by my delightful parents and spend a day and a half in Niles. From there, we will hopefully be taking the caruck to Rochester, NY where I will be dropping off Snail and I will be continuing on to a summer in Maine.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
How's Maine? :)
Post a Comment