Today I finished my last final at Grand Valley State University. Unless something went terribly wrong, I am now a college graduate. I walked in commencement on Saturday and had a wonderful day filled with people I love. You may be wondering, 'Ama, what exactly did you graduate with and what the heck does that mean?' Well I will tell you. I received my Bachelors of Science in Public and Nonprofit Administration with an emphasis in Budgeting and Finance. I also earned my National American Humanics Certification in nonprofit management and leadership. All this fancy schmancy talk means that I am qualified for public office such as city manager or to run a nonprofit. Now you may be wondering, 'Ama what do you want to do when you grow up?' The short response to that is play outside. The slightly longer response is that I want to be a dirty homeless hippie who plays outside. The longer more serious response that I have to give to explain the previous two responses is that I want to work with environmental public and nonprofit agencies to make the world a better place, preferably doing so by playing outside. In the midst of making the world a better place, I would like to get in some serious sailing and hiking time. I am also hoping to be a bit of a wanderer and would prefer my official job title to be "Professional Adventurer."
But for now, I am looking for a job that will get me through until June. Preferably in the Grand Rapids area.
A big thank you to everyone who has supported me and helped me get this far in life!
Wednesday, December 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ama,
Congrats on finishing school! It's an accomplishment that is a few semesters away for me, but I am encouraged to hear your story.
Best of luck to you in your future career. If you're ever playing outside in Phoenix, be sure to look me up!
Cheers,
Sam
President, American Humanics @ASU
Post a Comment